Wednesday, May 28, 2008

This Little Light of Mine




Marley just finished kindergarten today. (Which seems so strange since it was just yesterday that I walked her to her class for the first time.) As of the last time we talked about it she said she was ready for a break ~ but as we pulled out of the parking lot today she fought back tears and said "I'm going to miss school, maybe we could find out where they live (the teachers, I assume) and go visit them."

She has done such an incredible job this year! Most nights I hear her in her room reading herself to sleep. One of her greatest accomplishments this school year has been mastering the monkey bars. She loves for me to remind her that when she started kindergarten she couldn't do them at all, and now she flies across them!! I, however, like to think her greatest accomplishments this year were the following 3 things:

3) When she was named "Student of the Month" in October

2) When she was chosen as a MITS kid (Manners, Integrity, Tolerance, Sincerity) and went to Cracker Barrel w/ the principal for breakfast

1) When Mrs. Shewman, the speach therapist, stopped me in the hall to say "Marley is a gift from God". She explained that she was having a particulary tough year and every time she saw Marley that she had something kind to say to her and it lifted her spirits. She also told me that she would see Marley walking down the hallway in her own little world singing "This Little Light of Mine."

I love her. I pray her little light continues to shine.


2 comments:

Demorest Designs said...

Hey, I finally got to your blog. I love it and yes, as Carrie said, you are great at telling stories.
Thanks for the great school year. I feel like we made as many memories as the girls did...cash register lady, those classy PAWS meetings, and who can forget the last lunch of the year with Mrs. R. =)

Carrie said...

It has been a few days since you wrote. I am checking your blog to hear your story about Ursala and see those sweet pictures of Ella.