Wednesday, June 4, 2008

I Wonder.....



I wonder why I am so blessed


Freckles & Pig Tails! I love these girls!

My friend Traci snapped this photo and it is great. She is opening her own photography business where she will specialize in "on location/in-home" photos of your children. You should check out her website @ tracifalderphotography.blogspot.com.

I wonder how that got there


Ella in her "I didn't do it" T-shirt that my mom sent her. This pretty much sums up Ella. She is mischievous, but so darn cute!! She received this T in the mail after an episode involving our cat, Tiki, having been shut in Heath's p.j. drawer for (according to our calculations) about 8 hours!

She, of course, insists "I DIDN'T DO IT!"


One quick story about Ella. You may or may not know that she has a VERY high tolerance for pain. Instances that would have had me wailing she has merely pouted for a moment ~ but yesterday's happenings take the cake!

She was getting in the bath when I asked her to pick up some paper she left in the floor. She started to run to do it and began to whimper a little. I thought she was pouting until she sat down, lifted her foot in the air and said in a pitiful little voice "I got poked, I got poked."

I bent down to look and a sewing needle was sticking out of her foot!! I tried to pull it out but I couldn't. I calmly said, "It's ok, mama will be right back" while I lightheadly rushed to the garage for needle nose pliers. Yet even as I pryed it out w/ the tool she simply whimpered a little.

Never a tear or a scream.

It was 3/4 of an inch in her foot.

As I sat staring at the needle, she got up and walked away and said with her back to me, "I wonder how that got there?"


I wonder why Ella flunked Hugging 101


Ella "hugging" Logan Ross at Logan's b-day party!

Ella "hugging" Marley at Ivanhoe's

Ella "hugging" Teryn Kerschner after a play date



2 comments:

Carrie said...

so cute, I can't believe that story about the needle. I am so glad you blogged about it. I have been checking your blog for days and was delighted to read your update.

Kristin said...

That is a great story. She is so lovable isn't she? This is a great post and had me laughing, both at you searching for the pliers while lightheaded and Ella's hugging pictures. GREAT!