Saturday, May 10, 2008

Buds Will Be Roses




One of my three favorite books is Little Women.

On the inside cover of my copy has a list of my favorite quotes from the book. The words are beautiful and inspirational to me and I love when I find one that pertains to my life....even if only loosely.

The book in a nutshell is about the journey from childhood into adulthood. In one coversation Jo is talking about how growing up is inevitable. She says, "I wish wearing flat-irons on our heads would keep us from growing up. But buds will be roses, and kittens, cats, - more's the pity!"

For me this blog will be a way to put into words my thoughts about my girls. Since I can't make them wear flat-irons on their heads I need to find a way to etch in my memory every little thing about them. I want to remember every funny thing they said, every cute expression on their faces and everything they love to do.

All too soon my buds will be roses and this is my way to remember having watched them bloom!


1 comment:

Carrie said...

Just from your first entry I can already tell you are a great writer. I look forward to keeping up with your blog and getting a glimpse of your everyday! I have to get back to reading your blog.