Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Individuality





Ella is obsessed with rocks (and head apparel ~ hats, headbands, you name it!
In this picture she is wearing 3! You can only see the purple one and the pink one around her neck, but she actually has another pink one on top of her head.)!

Anyhow, she was very excited about this particular rock because it has a shell imprint on it. She named it "Shelly". Shelly will most likely find her place next to "Rocko" who is in my bathroom wrapped lovingly in a washcloth after a vigorous bath. Currently we have 4 or 5 rocks randomly placed throughout the house. There would be more except I put several on the front porch and told her they prefer the outdoors.

She cracks me up! She has quite an imagination as is evident in her personal style! I love to let her dress herself because it is so fun to see what she will pull together. Thankfully, most days it's just the two of us inside, but even if we do go out... I don't care.....I love that she feels great wearing a tutu and rain boots!

May she always go against the grain!





Marley has tried several activities and so far gymnastics is her favorite! She is learning to master the cart wheel. She is having a great time and thankfully isn't afraid of not being perfect. One of my major issues with parenting Marley has been to help her realize that sometimes you just have to keep on trying and it's okay to not get it right the first go round! She can be hard on herself and I love that she looks to me to reassure her. She knows I will be her advocate and her biggest fan. I will never let her doubt that she is fabulous as long as she does her best!


1 comment:

Carrie said...

Your girls are precious. You are a wonderful mom!!!