Thursday, January 8, 2009

Dinner and Dancing

There is something so pleasurable about fine dining. An elegantly set table, flickering candles in a dimly lit room and easy listening music soothingly playing tends to relax most anyone. Prolong the evening with dancing and delectable confections (I like the word delectable) and you've had a perfectly lovely experience.

The girls and I busied ourselves transforming our dining room into "La Cafe Des Delices." I prepared dinner as they happily set the table and decorated cupcakes. Once everything was in place they disapeared upstairs to seek appropriate attire for the occasion.

The food and fancy drinks were ready to be served and the girls were dressed to the nines. Alternating between dancing and peering out the window, they passed the time waiting for Heath to pull into the driveway. When he arrived, they behaved like perfect little princesses.

"Please pass the rolls." "Thank you!" "May I be excused?"

Their manners ~ long gone I had feared ~ were suddenly back (and w/ some sort of a weird Victorian/English accent).

We all enjoyed the evening and the girls were none the wiser that I concocted the entire event to teach them a few conventional requirements as to social behavior....aka: MANNERS!


If there were an award for Creative Parenting, I would nominate myself!!


4 comments:

Kristin said...

I love it! Fabulous. I didn't get to see your party dress in any photos!!

Williams' bunch said...

Hope you enjoyed your evening! :-)

Carrie said...

I would nominate you too. I think you are amazing and need to spend more time with you so it will rub off on me.

ZFam said...

Are you kidding me?! You should win an award! I'll vote for you! That's a great idea...Alexa would eat something like that right up!!
Hmmm, now I need you to think of a grand idea for a little boy!=)