Thursday, January 22, 2009

Give Me A "G"



Give me a "G"
Give me an "O"
Give me an aspirin










Actually I really enjoy coaching Upwards cheerleading but it can definitely be exhausting ~ espeacially w/ 8 kindergartners & 3 1st graders. Marley is cheering for her 2nd year and really enjoys it. Our church offers a league called Upwards ~ it is a national organization offered through local churches. It is an incredible outreach ministry and a very well run program. The goal is to reach families for Jesus through sports. Whenever I get a chance to share a testimony during 1/2- Time I share a saying I learned at Hoosier Hills Baptist Camp when I was a teenager..."It is easier to build boys and girls than to repair men and women."

I am thankful to be a part of a church that recognizes the need to get out in the community and share the love of God. Thankful to be a part of a church that recognizes that it is not up to us to change people ~ but up to God. And thankful to be a part of a church that recognizes the value of a child.

Now, with all of that said.....I really need to go get a tylenol!

Goodnight!

3 comments:

Williams' bunch said...

They look so cute! :-) I'm sure it is a lot of fun....and I'm sure you do have a headache-ha ha!

Deborah Pasko said...

i found your blog! what cute little cheerleaders. i've enjoyed getting to know you all.

Demorest Designs said...

Thanks so much for being such a great coach to Kailey. She loves it. Thanks also for taking Kailey to and from practice. You are such a true servant and a huge blessing to our family. We love you- D-Ray!!!