Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Marley the 1st Grader

Marley started 1st grade and loves it!! Her teacher, Ms. Crawford, is new to the school this year so Marley was a little curious about what she would look like. The night before school started we sat down and had a little fun trying to draw pictures of her. She turned out to be a very lovely young lady (unlike one of the potential drawings I did) and Marley told me that if she could have chosen any teacher, she would have picked Ms. Crawford!

So far we are off to a good school year!


We live about 1/2 a mile from the school and Marley drove me crazy last year asking to be a "walker." No less than once a week she would make the request. So this year I decided I would park at my friend Beth's house (which is right across the street from the school) and she and several friends would be "walkers". Basically this means she will walk the length of the soccer fields across from the school and then I wait there w/ my car to pick her up. With that plan in action, Heath was waiting for her on her 2nd day.....she told him she didn't want to be a "walker" anymore because it was too far.

Sometimes that child exasperates me.



This is Marley and her best friend Kailey.

Kailey and Marley were in the same preschool and Kindergarten class and spend alot of time together so it took some preparation to break the news to them that they weren't in the same 1st grade class. Surprisingly, they took it well.

Yesterday, Marley told me that when they get to school in the morning she says "See you at recess, Kailey!" and then after recess she says, "see you at lunch, Kailey!" and then after lunch she says, "see you after school, Kailey!"

How sweet that not even being separated by a hallway could sever their friendship!!

I guess absence really does make the heart grow fonder!

We love Kailey and look forward to their friendship growing even stronger over the years.


1 comment:

Williams' bunch said...

That's so cute...I'm glad she likes her teacher! :-) That's too funny that she decided it was too far to walk....reminds me of some other kids I know!