Monday, June 9, 2008

Bye, Bye Ursella!


The weekend before last a bunch of us had a rummage sale. What can I say that Carrie & Beth didn't already cover so eloquently in their blogs? It was so much fun to hang out with friends, get rid of junk and end up with some extra money! The glamour shot session with Carrie was my favorite part. Chasing baby clothes across my front yard and picking up shards of broken glass because of the blustery wind was my least favorite.

I had asked the girls if they had any toys they would like to sell and told them they could pocket the money.

Without skipping a beat Ella tilted her head and looked at me out of the side of her squinted eyes and said "Just one".

I asked her what and she said (pronouncing each and every syllable) "Ursella".

The story behind Ursella is that Ella REALLY dislikes her! We tease her on occasion and will try to get her to buy things with Ursella on them or we sometimes call her UrsELLA and this sends her into a fit of rage! (I know, great parenting...but it is too funny). So last Christmas my family had a white elephant gift exchange and there was an Ursella figure passed around that we ended up with.

Over the past 6 months we have proceeded to torture Ella w/ it by randomly laying her on Ella's pillow at night or sitting her in Ella's chair at breakfast, etc. Needless to say she gets a little upset.

The next morning Ella came carting Ursella out of the house and placed her in the "toy department".


She didn't sell!!!



Setting up for the rummage ended up turning into a late night. Carole Holmes had brought over 2 recliners to sell and Marley kept saying she wanted to sleep outside in the recliner. I was busy pricing and before I knew it she had done just that!



3 comments:

Carrie said...

Priceless pictures of both girls. I can't wait to rummage again on Labor Day weekend.

Williams' bunch said...

Desirae, you are awful placing that Ursella on her pillow!! :-) That reminds me of Jason Rodgers at camp in that skit where was talking to a junior camper asking if they were homesick and saying all this stuff to remind them of home....you are a mess. :-)
Speaking of camp..I took Shelby today. She did fine (so did I!)

Williams' bunch said...

Tell me again your email address...

Our friends are going to Tegucigalpa (?) I think that's how you spell it. They are working w/Sam and Julie Hodge or Hodges ?-they already have a church there and have started a school recently (maybe last year). Amber and LeRoy will be in language school at first so they will be living in the city...the church is a ways out.
It does seem like not too long ago we were counselors....it is such a crazy feeling to take your own kid!!! Of course, I turned 30 this year, too so I've felt old for the past several months!! :-)