Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Roller Skating!!






Each year in December, Heath's company has a skating party for the employees and their families. Santa comes and brings a generous gift to all of the kids and they have a blast! We are very appreciative and we've gone every year since Marley was born.




The past 6 years I have been able to get out of putting on skates because of the girls ages.....Oh, but I knew the day would come...





Now, the girls were doing so well you would have never seen it coming, but somehow, whilst I was maneuvering Ella around the rink by her shoulders, she managed to fall. (WHAT?? YOU'RE KIDDING!!)
I too fell, my ribs landing full force on the heel of Ella's skate which was sticking up off the floor.

Ouch!

Once I was able to breathe again, I managed to skate my mangled self to a seat and vow never to skate w/ a 4 year old again.

Broken ribs and ruptured lungs have been ruled out and I am slowly beginning to be able to sneeze w/out a follow-up YELP.

This has been a fun 4 months of near breaks for our family.
Can't wait to see what we can do to ourselves in 2009!!

4 comments:

Wendi said...

The picture of Ella hanging on the railing made me laugh out loud. Any improvement with the injured ribs?

Wendi said...

oh, by the way, that picture of the girls on Santa's lap... when I first glanced at it, I thought it was a picture of you and Tatia when you were kids...mostly because I zeroed in on Ellas face and she looks just like you in this picture.

Tatia said...

I cracked up, too, when I saw the one of Ella clinging to the railing. I'm glad you're not broken and starting to feel better. Did you and Heath get to moonlight skate to 'Endless Love' before the accident? Hehe.

Williams' bunch said...

I loved the pictures, too...kids and skates, not a good combination. Sorry that you got hurt...it does sound painful-hope you feel better soon!

If it makes you feel any better, we went bowling for my Christmas party. The lanes were so busy and it was dark w/those crazy lights. The lanes were a lot shorter, too than normal...anyways, I ended up walking up to bowl and fell flat in the floor!!! Big and pregnant...I was so embaressed...the only good thing was it was dark and so busy, I don't think many people even noticed! :-)