Monday, February 2, 2009

Ella's Famous Quotes

Marley and Ella have been extremely tired lately and therefore, I have been too. It's been slowly building and putting them in bed the past 3 nights has been miserable. Last night I ended up w/ a migraine after it was all said and done. When Marley was about 2 or so we had a special term for it: CRAZY TIRED!

Instead of dwelling on this right now, I am going to write down a couple of things I remembered that make me smile. This is really just for me ~ but feel free to read if you would like!

Quotes from Ella:

"Marley, I'm not a scientist." (when Marley asked her a random question about fish)

"No way! That's a bunch of Hooey." (when Heath was explaining something to her)

"It's to put over your mouth so I can't smell your breath." (when Heath asked her why she was bringing her stuffed elephant, Lola, in the bed to watch morning cartoons w/ him)

"Mmm, this is delightful!" (after trying a new flavor of yogurt)

"Mom, you can't eat it. I've had it and it is not good." (she was so serious telling me this as I was pretending to eat a birthday cake shaped piece of play-do)

"It's exasperating!" (she screamed this over and over at the top of her lungs in the middle of a "crazy tired" meltdown)

"Whoa, that's impressive!" (I forget what I was talking about w/ her when she said this to me ~ she had just turned 3! Talk about impressive!)


I guess 3 nights of misery is nothing compared to the countless smiles they've put on my face!

4 comments:

Wendi said...

what about..."I'll have a diet Pepsi" (upon entering the gas station parking lot, when she was what, 2?) hehe

Camilla loves her smurf, and I love the outfit. The jeans are just a little big on her, but will fit her in no time, I'm sure. Yes, the cake parts were all made from fondant...it was a little sad to throw them all away afterwards.

Williams' bunch said...

So funny. Exasperating....I know what you mean...kids can wear you out, but it is worth every minute of torture they put us through. ha ha
I can see you now about to take a big bite of the play dough cake...I think all kids have eaten play dough...I know I sure ate my share! :-)

Carrie said...

I love Ella, especially that smile when she is so quiet but can't help herself, a smile just sneaks onto her face. She is adorable.

Kristin said...

That is laugh out loud funny! Thanks Ella and Dez.