Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Shipshewana


Two weeks ago I went on our 2nd Annual getaway with my favorite ladies from church! Ellen, Stephanie, Cindi & Lori (our 4 pastors wives), Mat, Flavia & myself headed to Shipshewana for a girls getaway! Remember when you were in Jr. High and you went to a sleepover and stayed up late talking, eating and laughing? You laughed so hard at the silliest things and when you tried to tell someone else it didn't seem quite so funny? So that's what this is going to be like for most of you who read this, but for me it will bring a smile to my face each time I do!

We started off on Monday morning ~ the van pulled up, I kissed Marley & Ella goodbye, jumped in and said "Step on it!" I was so ready for this trip!


9:45 ...we are on the road! .... "Uh, Ellen, why did you turn this way to get to ST RD 15?"

9:55 ...GPS set....let the trip begin!! WOO HOO!

10:05...Really!? A bathroom stop at McDonalds in North Marion?

10:15 ....and we are on the road. Really! First stop: luch @ Peddler's Village in Goshen!



Peddler's Village turned out to be a quaint, "peaceful" place where apparently no one uses motor vehicles because there wasn't one in the lot! Apparently they have closed!
Never fear, Mat quickly comes up with plan B and after a stop at the Old Bag Factory, we head to the Essenhaus!
After lunch we checked into our B & B and strolled through town for a while!

We all "packed" into the horse and buggy and enjoyed a ride through town!

Stocked with fudge, horseradish cheese curds and soy nuts we settled on the patio of the B & B for a few rounds of Dutch Blitz and Phase 10. We found the soy nuts were slightly yucky yet strangely addictive!



We spent Tuesday shopping the flea market. I got 4 Wandering Jews (hanging plants for those who didn't know) and they added alot of entertainment to our ride! We loaded up our purchases and headed to Nappanee for the night!




While we were in the van waiting for Mat to check us in to the Inn we were watching two older ladies try to snap a photo. It was hilarious. It got funnier and funnier as one lady would walk over to the rocks and pose...wait several seconds, throw her hands out to the side in disgust, get off the rock and walk over the other lady and show her how to use the camera. She would then walk back over the sign and climb up on the rocks and pose....wait several seconds...and go through the whole ordeal again. Finally, they were able to get a shot!




(I wasn't really in this shot, I just wanted to be so badly that I had Heath add me later!)

We had wonderful food! We had great entertainment! (Between the musical Plain and Fancy and all the entertainment we provided ourselves) We had fantastic weather! It's hard to put into words what a great time it was and how much fun we had. It was a trip full of little moments that bring you closer together and make you realize how blessed you are to have certain people in your life.


Thank you, Mat! I really appreciate you!

1 comment:

Carrie said...

This was so fun to read and I was laughing. It made me even more excited for our trip to Cincy in just a few weeks. I can't wait to eat and laugh until my stomach aches.